mercoledì 29 luglio 2009

LoadLibrary("netman.dll") failed


today I got in my hands a winp box with a problem: network connections folder empty, even if the computer was equipped with both a lan and a wlan controller correctly installed. Another symptom was the "network connections" service down and impossible to start (error 126 in my case). I then googled around and fount this tutorial from microsoft. Trying the suggested steps, I found an error when trying to regsvr32 netman.dll since the answer was LoadLibrary("netman.dll") failed - The specified procedure could not be found. I tried to reinstall a fresh netmon.dll from the o.s. cd but no success.
Trying all the other methods suggested on microsoft website didn't work (uh?). I then found this solution (thanks to this post):
  1. from a shell window, type ipconfig
  2. ipconfig will complain a "xyz.dll" file is missing (the missing file is not always the same).
  3. Find an xyz.dll copy and put it in the right folder (usual %windir%\system32)
In my case it worked! Now I would like an explanation. If anybody can tell my why.....

2 commenti:

  1. Amazing! For me, I had to copy over 4 different .dll files until ipconfig worked, but it fixed the regsvr32 netman.dll problem just as you said! Thanks!

    RispondiElimina
  2. matur nuwun mas ganteng. nggenku wis beres (OK) thank you

    RispondiElimina